Blog Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn
Food Bank For New York City
Find Help
Food Program Locator
Summer Meals
Food Stamps
Tax Services

  Please leave this field empty

Agency Intranet Login

CookShop users, click here: CookShop Database

Adult Woman TOS banner

What You Need to Bring

Locations Basic Information What You Need to Bring EITC Calculator

Having the below listed items with you when you visit one of our tax assistance sites will help our IRS-certified tax preparers provide you with the fullest refund and credits that you are eligible for. We recommend that you print this page to use as a checklist when collecting these items.

What You Need to Bring
  • A photo ID for you and your spouse (if filing a joint return)
  • If you are filing a joint return, both you and your spouse must be present
  • Social Security cards (or copies) or ITIN (or copies) for you and anyone you are claiming on your tax return, or a letter from the Social Security Administration (copies of past-year tax return are not accepted as proof of SSN)
  • W-2s for all jobs you held in 2016 and all 1099 forms paid in cash or personal checks), you must know the total amount of money you made for the year and your deductible expenses
  • Form 1098-T, if you paid tuition for post-high school education
  • If you are claiming childcare expenses, the amount you paid and childcare agency's ID, or the name and Social Security number of the childcare provider
  • A sample check or a bank statement with the routing and account number, if you have a savings account for direct deposit
  • Any other tax-related information you received
Back to Top